Wednesday, September 15, 2010

24 weeks

Hello!

Its been a busy week- I cannot believe tomorrow is Thursday. Chris and I have been swamped at work and are getting up early every day. Then we come home, eat, play with Stella and its already time for bed. It makes me a little nervous for life with Baby! I'm sure we'll learn how to keep it all together- all parents do!

This week baby is working hard to breathe on her own outside the womb. Her lungs are developing branches of the respiratory tree as well as other cells that will help her air sacs inflate once in the outside world.

We had a great weekend that I would be remiss to not talk about it! Friday night we had dinner with Kyle and Danielle and The Melting Pot. YUMMY fondue and good conversation with our best friends. On Saturday we went to USA Baby and Nursery Time (along with swim day which I already talked about on the blog) to look at baby furniture. We've now been everywhere and are going back to USA Baby on Saturday to order everything. I can't wait- it will be a huge sense of relief to know the furniture is on its way!

That night we went to Lexington to celebrate Cory and Robin's birthdays. Cory and I have become good friends and bond over our comment interests- mainly sports and politics. And, of course, Robin and I have a fantastic relationship- she's a wonderful mom to Chris and friend to me. Saturday night, Chris and I stayed with Laura and Cory and hung out. Every time we see Laura she gives us more and more baby stuff- on this trip we left with a swing, a vibrating seat and a car seat. Thanks Aunt Laura!!

This has turned into a long post so I'll end here. Happy hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment