Friday, November 10, 2017

Disney Arrival!

Here we go! The first Disney 2017 recap! 

About a month before we left for Disney, my sister asked if I wanted to drive with her. Because I had temporary amnesia of how looooong the drive is, I am a good big sister, I said yes. Since Madeline's school was out Thursday and Friday (in addition to the whole next week), she came with us on our road trip.

I quickly realized this meant that, while I stared at traffic, this was going down in the back seat. 


The day before we left a neighbor came over to drop off some barbies for Maddie. This little barbie closet kept her occupied for hours in the car!

Of course, we scheduled our departure time around what time we'd be in Kennesaw.
Because, duh.

We had a long drive but finally arrived at our hotel. We couldn't get in at our Disney resort, so I snagged one next to Sea World that was really nice!
Maddie loved these chairs in the lobby.

On Friday, we had a BIG day planned. We hit the ground running as soon as we woke up!

We had lunch at Captain Cook's (well hellloooo, aloha pork sandwich)

Took a loop on the monorail...


Did a little shopping...


And tried out the cookie dough store in Celebration.
 SO GOOOOOOD.

Then, we came back for Maddie's chosen activity...swimming!!


We got cleaned up and headed to Disney Springs to meet a co-worker of mine who just moved to Florida.

Sydney was loving all of her 1x1 time with daddy.

Sydney is in a complete mama phase right now, but she was VERY excited about flying on an airplane. I actually told both girls their options (have a very loooong car ride but get an extra day in Disney or a plane ride.) Both girls chose how I thought they would. Maddie wanted more Disney time and Sydney wanted to fly. Realistically, I needed Sydney to fly anyway. After the last road trip, where she vomited all over Atlanta, I wasn't quite ready for THAT again. 
Sydney spent most of the first flight reviewing safety procedures. 

She spent most of the second flight having some screen time.


We all reunited at Disney's Yacht Club Resort. It is a stunning property that we loved! Can't wait to go back!

We kicked off our Disney trip with the Mickey's Backyard BBQ.

 Where there was free wine, sangria and Mickey Bars. 

Ahem...but that's not why we came!

We came for yummy food and characters!








What a great way to kick off our vacation!


No comments:

Post a Comment