Saturday, July 8, 2017

July 4th Festivities and our first summer 'skeeto bite.

Every year I think to myself, "Is this THE year Sydney outgrows her mosquito allergy." Well, I'm here to say that 2017 is NOT that year. 

Little miss came downstairs the other morning telling me that her eye hurt. I casually turned around and gasped. 

Judging by how they appeared, they had been on there several hours. Chris had put her to bed the night before and didn't notice the bites so we wondered if she got bit while sleeping.

She was in great spirits so we kept our plans to go to the zoo with friends. 












By the time we got to the zoo, her eye had already started to swell so I called and made an appointment later that day with the doctor. 

She got an antibiotic to prevent infection and we went about our business. 

She woke up Saturday and her eye was swollen shut.  
 I mean WHAT IN THE WORLD? Poor little Syd. Fortunately, after a few days of Benadryl and her antibiotic, she is starting to look normal. We are a week out though and you can still see the two bite marks. :(

Maybe 2018 will be the summer the skeetos stop loving her. 

Let's see, what else? Maddie is learning to snorkel and loves it.

We had a pool party at nana and grandpas with our cousins.



We went to a big fireworks party at one of our friends houses. 



It was supposed to be a small cook-out but...there were more than 100 people!

The sparklers were LEGIT.


We spent the actual Fourth with K and D and Sloane and Hudson.



The kids always have a great time with each other!

The girls were worn out and both fell asleep in the car. 

We were just about to go for the transfer when some different neighbors invited us over for a "few fireworks." Except not. They had so.many.fireworks. It was a blast!
We let the girls stay out until 10 (which is a solid 2 + hours after bed time) and they both slept until after 9 the next day. I didn't even know what to do with myself. 

We are having a fun summer!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment