We had our first Oldham County Fall Break. And...it was AMAZING.
About a year ago, I talked our best friends Kyle and Danielle into a Disney trip for our Fall Break. They hadn't taken their kiddos and since the four kids are all BFFs, we thought it would be fun.
We knew it would be tiring.
We knew there'd be crying.
We knew it would be crazy.
But, we knew it would be FUN.
And..you know what? We had a blast!!
As soon as Chris got off work on Friday, the Hughes four headed out.
I had kept Sydney in up all day, in hopes that she would nap in the car.
That took about 3 minutes.
That took about five.
The poor girls kept bobbing back and forth so I had to hop in the back and hold Sydney's head up.
#momlife
We are no strangers to road trips - we take about 3 or 4 every year. But, in all of our years of road tripping, I have never driven. Legit, Chris drives the whole way. I always offer and he always says no. Except...this time he had some massive contracts to finalize, so I got the wheel.
We stopped just before Atlanta at a Hampton Inn and the girls were super excited about breakfast on Saturday.
We finished the drive on Saturday and immediately went for a night swim after checking in!
Swimming in October!
We had dinner with the Fertig's when they arrived.
With two desserts. Because, Disney.
We were in bed and up E-A-R-L-Y to hit Magic Kingdom!
Our happy place.
All of us!
We rode Teacups first!
And by "we" I mean...not me. I can NOT do those things. Fortunately, Chris doesn't get dizzy.
The BIG news of Sunday was that Sydney was tall enough for her first roller coaster!
She could NOT get enough of the Barnstormer. Little daredevil!
Dumbo!
We rode The Little Mermaid.
And met Ariel in her grotto!
Things got a little hairy when Maddie and I (and Danielle and Hudson) got stuck on the Mine Train. It wasn't for too long, but we did get stuck going up the big hill. And, since we were in the last cars, it felt pretty awkward. I was trying to keep Maddie from getting freaked out.
Didn't work.
She was straight up crying hysterically at this point. But, then we went, and she loved it!
Because we had the littles, we did Rider Swap and the dads rode together after us.
Enjoying the train around Magic Kingdom.
The parents took turns riding Splash Mountain.
It seemed like a good idea at the time.
We played pirates!
And basically, if you wanted to know what it was like at Disney for a week with four kids (ages 2,3,4 and 5)....well, it was kind of like this.
BANANAS.
We ended our day with some cotton candy and a popsicle!




























No comments:
Post a Comment