Sunday, October 2, 2016

This and That...

There's not really a theme to this post - just a catch-up of what's been going on with my crew.

Maddie and I went shopping and she loved seeing a pic Hudson and family. They are in an advertisement at the Paddock and Maddie thought it was the coolest thing!


We bought a coconut at Kroger and cracked it, in an attempt to get the coconut milk out. We had read on a blog how kids loved doing this. Well, the kids loved cracking it...

But, the inside looked SUPER funky and the milk/juice wasn't that yummy. 



We had the last of our summer popsicles out on the porch with our neighbors.

I picked Maddie up from school and we got a pink Gigi's cupcake...after the flu shot. Sydney got her shot at her well-check so I took Maddie separately. She was not happy with me, but only cried a few tears. When I told her she could pick any cupcake she wanted, she cheered right up!


I go into the office about once a month. This month my department took a lunch cruise on the Spirit of the Jefferson. We had a great afternoon!

Pretty view! 

Maddie and Sydney had dental visits. This was Sydney's first visit so she sat in my lap. She did amazing, much better than I anticipated. She got all of her teeth cleaned and had no cavities! 

Maddie did everything on her own.





Maddie came home from school one day and did her usual routine - a snack and the Kindle. She needs some mellow time before talking to me about her day. One day I walked out of my office and she was knocked out! This was the first day this has happened since school began.

I'm so glad Maddie is adjusting so well to Kindergarten. I am also thankful for my Fridays with this little monkey.


This weekend I went to the Y for a run. I didn't get all of my miles complete before Kids Club closed so Maddie joined me on the track. She loved it!

That night at dinner, Maddie became the green bean monster and wanted a picture. 

So, monkey see, monkey do....little Sister became the pear monster. 

And that's life lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment