This past weekend, I traveled to St. Louis with my GNO girls. We all started on the same team at Humana about 9 years ago and, even though, we are all in different jobs now we still are very close. One of our original crew, Ashley, moved to St. Louis so we went to visit her. We had a blast on our girls trip, AKA, the weekend we ate and drank around St. Louis!
We met downtown and hit up our favorite lunch spot - Main Eatery.
Their Blue Plate Special is THE BOMB.
We drove to St. Louis and had our first arch-spotting!
Ashley wasn't off work yet so we hit up Happy Hour at a pub near her house.
The next morning we had brunch and Carla ordered a mimosa.
And was given a half bottle of champagne. OH.
We had plans for the zoo and botanical gardens on Saturday but it was raining so we modified slightly. St. Louis is the "beer capital" of the world (maybe America? maybe the Midwest? Not sure but they love their beer!) so we headed to "Beer School" at one of the craft breweries - Schlafly.

We had some samplers while we waited for our class/tour to begin.
I'm not really a beer drinker but it was decent, and when in Rome, right?
It was still raining so we headed to the City Museum, a self-described adult playground. It was WILD.
Basically, all kinds of caves, climbing structures, slides, etc.
I got in a lot of the tunnels but some were a bit intimidating for me.
Only 3 of us braved the caves. And it was literally like a cave system. Dark with all sorts of nooks and crannies.
We crawled around for awhile, using our phones as flashlights, until we found the steps for the 10 story slide.

Ashley caught this pic right before I left story 10. Super fun!!
We had to leave some people behind who weren't quite as adventurous! :)
We all enjoyed the spin top chairs.
We headed to 360 Rooftop Bar for amazing views of the city.
Still a little yucky but nice enough to sit and enjoy the fire. And a little dancing!
We had brunch at Rooster's in the morning and it was AMAZING.
I have no idea why I gained 3 pounds this weekend. Not any idea?
One last selfie before we hit the road back to LV.
We passed the time playing Catchphrase and giving ourselves tattoos from Jennifer's Fruit Stripe gum.
I had so much fun with my girlfriends. We laughed A LOT.
Chris held down the fort at the house.
Whew! And I'm done for a bit. My girls trip was planned for several months and the Disney trip kind of fell in my lap last minute but it was pretty tiring being gone 2 long weekends in a row. Glad to be home and settled with my family!



















No comments:
Post a Comment