Chris and I are relaxing after a great two days with our families! We hosted Thanksgiving again (I think this is year three!) for our parents and siblings...except Tia who is still in Disney. Miss you, tia!
But first, let's backtrack.
A few weeks ago, my girlfriends and I did Breakout. I had told them how much fun I had with my work team so we gave it a whirl. And busted out with 59 seconds to spare! It was close but we had a great time!
I went to Sydney's Thanksgiving lunch at her school. Her class was dressed as a little turkeys. They were so cute. I tried and tried to get a good picture of her but just couldn't make it happen. She doesn't love the camera as much as Maddie does. The school provided the staples and the families brought desserts and sides. I sat with the other families in Sydney's class and had a great time!
This is Peyton, the only the other girl in Sydney's class. You wouldn't know it but they are the best of buddies. They both were being shy for the camera.
We got a new Christmas tree this year! The girls were so excited to decorate it. About 75% of our ornaments were below 2 feet. Since it's a 12 foot tree, we had to do some rearranging after bedtime. ;)
We got out and ran some errands. Maddie asked if we could go to Home Depot and I swear, Christopher's whole face lit up.
We had a late dinner at Qdoba one night with the McKinleys and my girls were so happy. Dave and Tara shower them with a lot of love and attention.
On Thursday, the girls went over to grandma's early to help her make some appetizers for our Thanksgiving meal. But first, we took a few pictures in their Turkey 'fits.
I mean seriously, they are so cute that it actually hurts a little.
Maddie and Sydney working on their turkey.
So proud of her handiwork- she did almost all of it by herself!
While the girls were gone, Chris and I spent some time cleaning. Our house was in desperate need of some loving. I got the table set and it looked pretty good. Maddie had made the place cards last week.

Finally, bellies full, we got the kids in bed and Laura and I headed our to do a little shopping. We always have a blast!
We are loving the extra family time this long weekend. So thankful for family, health and friendship!















No comments:
Post a Comment