Thursday, June 18, 2015

Sydney's Spider Bite

On Sunday I noticed a little red rash on Sydney's leg. It looked like on of her eczema patches so I wasn't too concerned. Monday morning I noticed she had a hard hard knot on her leg under the rash. I had my mom come look at it because it was really weird and I wanted to make sure it wasn't a tumor. She told me it was a bug bite. Nothing to worry about...until later that night we saw a ring had developed around it.

I asked Dr. Google and then diagnosed her with a brown recluse spider bite...or Lyme disease. So I had a small panic attack and texted my pediatrician friend at 10 pm. She wrote me back that yes, Sydney did need to be seen but that it could wait until morning.


Mind you, we had JUST been to the ped on Friday because girlfriend was wheezing. She had a cold and need a few rounds of albuterol to get her back in tip top shape. So, four days later we are back. 

Side note: The doctor just laughs at me now. I told Sydney that there are four of us in the family and she doesn't have to hit our deductible all by herself....but my goodness, she pretty much did it these last few months.

 But, I digress. Anyways, turns out, Sydney was bitten by SOMETHING and just had a really "impressive" reaction to it. Because she has sensitive skin, she might just have little reactions in the future. As long as it doesn't get infected, a topical ointment (as opposed to antibiotic) was all the treatment she needs. Fortunately, it seems to be getting better.

That Sydney is such a little trouble-maker!
And yes, her hair might actually be white blonde. She is getting more and more hair and it's getting lighter and lighter. At first, I thought she was going to be brunette (and maybe even look like me!) but no...

In other news, Maddie's swim lessons are going great. She swam face in water this week! Here she is holding on to Mr. Dexter but after this, she let go, and was swimming on her own for a few seconds. Hopefully by the end of summer she will be a little fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment