Whew. Well, that's it gang. The end of the Disney recaps. Are you tired? Because when we came home, we were EXHAUSTED. I literally had been running on fumes all week. The girls didn't sleep great and I had a head cold and then, of course, it was DISNEY so we ran, ran, ran.
HUGE shout out to my parents and sister for all of their help on the trip. Chris and I discussed EVERY day how thankful we were to be with them. We literally needed all hands on deck. I'm so grateful for them and so grateful we got to do this trip together!
Back at home, life resumed. Maddie and daddy worked each night on one of her souvenirs, a big lego set. She loved spending this time with him and building.
Sydney continued being her happy-go-lucky self. When she gets out of the bath, she puts her towel on her head and runs out, running into things. She thinks this is HILARIOUS.
Speaking of Sydney, her new thing is eating cereal - with milk! - from the bowl like a big girl. She saw daddy and Maddie doing this and really wanted to try. You can tell she is so proud of herself.
And again!
Notice anything here? Sydney has been holding her utensils with her left hand. We have several lefties in our family so this wouldn't be a big surprise but still, lefties only make 7% of the population so she'd be in the minority.
So far, she seems to fit the mold of a lefty. She's obviously musically inclined.
We picked right up where we left off on our 'Stay at Home Mama Days.' We went to the Science Center to check out a new exhibit and the girls had a blast.
Taking her flash light and headlamp into the dark room.
Gardening.
Finding a snake!
We went to one of their shows and, at first, we were the only people there.
Then a whole gang of middle schoolers showed up. My shy kid, Maddie, immediately hopped up and sat in my lap. Sydney stayed right where she was, in the middle of about 100 middle schoolers, giving them all high fives.
They lit some things on fire and the girls really enjoyed it.
We made our Valentine's cards.
We celebrated cousin Quinn's second birthday!
All the kids.
We had a bit of fun outside before Snowmageddon hit.
Sydney was coughing a lot and I noticed she was straining a bit to breathe so we went to the ped. And, sure enough, they wanted her on a few days of breathing treatments.
Um, what? If they think I'm going to do this willingly they are CRAY.
And she made me pay every time we did one. Fortunately, that's in the past.
My kids love to clean. Super weird, I know. Maddie loved doing the dishes one day.
And, then I got this from daycare.
I sincerely hope they still like cleaning when I start assigning some chores.
We took our Valentine's to Maddie's school party!
And did some grocery catch-up at Costco!
Everything is big here!
We had a play date with Sloane and Hudson. The girls love baby Sloane.
Several times a week now, Maddie tells me she wants another baby, another sister. She even points out I have room in my back seat for another car seat. (And every time I tell her absolutely not.) They will just have to play with baby Sloane!
On Valentine's Day, I was in Lexington for DanceBlue. I've talked about the fundraiser here and I'm just over the moon that they raised 1.6 million for the pediatric oncology clinic in Lexington. AMAZING. I did make it home in time for Chris to take one of his Valentines out for a little ice cream date.

I stayed home with Sydney and gave her a breathing treatment. Daddy won. Ha!
And, that's pretty much life lately. Well, except for the BLIZZARD we got this past week. But that's for another post.

I stayed home with Sydney and gave her a breathing treatment. Daddy won. Ha!
And, that's pretty much life lately. Well, except for the BLIZZARD we got this past week. But that's for another post.
























No comments:
Post a Comment