I interrupt your regularly scheduled programming with this crazy piece of news. Chris and I loaded up the girls and drove for almost 17 hours this weekend to make it to Cape Cod.
I had no idea what to expect, but the girls did FANTASTIC. I actually cannot believe how well they did. I did have to sit in the back seat for several hours but it wasn't terrible. We did a lot of things to pass the time.
We colored...
We watched Peppa Pig...
We slept...
And when the going got tough, we held hands.
The real MVP of the day was Maddie's bladder. She NEVER once asked to stop for the bathroom. (Y'all, I had nightmares about this for weeks prior. I just knew Maddie's legs were going to start shaking and we'd be on a stretch of highway with a sign saying: Next Service Area 42 miles)
After 12 hours (8AM-1030PM), we stopped in Albany to try and get a good night's sleep.
The hotel experience was ...well...how can I describe it. TRAGIC. The girls were knocked out when we arrived, so I imagined just transferring them into la la land. Well, in the chaos of getting out the of the car, they both woke up. And were WIRED. They were hard to get settled, because there was a party going on right net to us. Around 12:30 we called the front desk after they woke up Sydney. At 2 AM, we all four ended up in the same bed. So, that was awesome.
This is how the girls looked in the morning.
I am not going to show you a picture of Chris and I. It might scare you.
You cannot see Madeline's foot in this picture. It was probably still lodged in my rib cage, where it was for 6 straight hours while I tried to sleep.
The next morning we had four hours to go. Seeing this bridge was like seeing a hot fudge sundae.
We are getting on the Cape, folks. It's been 16 hours, but we are HERE!!
We immediately went to the beach.
Aunt Judi came over and brought some books. Maddie is very taken with aunt Judi and loves spending time with her!
Before we left, Madeline asked me to bring her some American flags for her castles. My little patriot!
Sydney so far has loved her two days at the beach. She's been a trooper!!
Looking forward to the rest of our time in beautiful Chatham!










No comments:
Post a Comment