Madeline had no teeth until her first birthday. Now she has 4 big teeth (two top, two bottom), and two more coming in! The last week she has had random bouts of fussiness where she sticks her fingers in her mouth. She has also been running a little low grade fever off and on. Sure enough, I finally saw the teeth tonight. She's got two more coming in; they've just poked through on either side of her top teeth.
She has been babbling A LOT lately. Sometimes she has entire conversations with us and with her self. It's pretty cute, but we're trying really hard to help her learn her words. It's easy to just anticipate her needs and give her what she wants, but I am trying to not do this so much. For example, I try to remember to say "milk" when she points to her cup, instead of just giving it to her. I was a really late talker, so I'm not TOO worried just yet about Maddie not saying much. Let's be honest, it obviously didn't affect me too much!
Maddie has her 15 month appointment this Wednesday; I'm looking forward to seeing her new stats.
A few photos from this weekend.

Having a little snack (pureed fruit in a pouch) in the car. This is leftover from her baby food days. We only had a couple left (she eats all table food now), but they are actually pretty easy on-the-go snacks.


No comments:
Post a Comment