Friday, February 24, 2012

Ear Tubes for Maddie - girl

We took Madeline to the ENT on Tuesday. After all 6 shots of Rocephin last week (a very strong antibiotic), her ear infection hadn't cleared up. In fact, she now had a full-on DOUBLE ear infection.

The ENT took a look at her ears and reviewed her history. After seeing that we had tried 4 different antibiotics for the infections, he recommended tubes. Both my sister and I had tubes twice as a child after repeated infections.

We took her in this morning to the surgery center. I was pretty nervous about the anesthesia and the surgery, but everything happened so quick, I couldn't really get that worked up. The doctors took her back at 7:20 and the surgery was over by 7:30. Maddie woke up at 7:40 and we got to get her. We left at 8!

So far, she is acting totally normal. She ran around for awhile and then took a nap. She is eating great and smiling. The ENT let us know she had so much junk in her ear that he's not sure the past infections have ever really cleared up great. I'm so happy that she has clean, fresh ear nows!

A few photos:

Madeline in her ruffles in the waiting room.


Right when she woke up, sitting with mommy

2 comments:

  1. So glad everything went smoothly! I hope she has some relief from those ear infections - they are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe the surgery happened that fast! I'm sure it was worse for you than it was for her. Happy that she is doing better!

    ReplyDelete