Saturday, February 11, 2012

Stella is 21! (or three)

As soon as we got married, Chris started asking for a dog. I was very skeptical because I had never had a dog, and I wasn't even really sure I liked them.

I asked him to wait a year so we could adjust to married life together in our new house. I secretly hoped he'd forget all about it. One year goes by and we celebrate our wedding anniversary. That very night he asked again for a dog. I realized then it wasn't going to go away. So, he researched and researched to the point he was driving me crazy. (If you know my husband, you know he is very deliberate and very thorough with his decision making.) Anyways, we found a breeder and drove down to pick out Stella when she was born.

This past week Stella turned 3. Even though most of the time she makes me crazy, she is still the sweetest dog. She is wild and energetic, but she is also very loving. She is fantastic with Madeline (as I type this, Madeline is sharing her pancakes with her.) and a great companion to me and Chris. I cannot say today that I like other dogs....but I know I love MY dog.

Happy birthday Stella!


Picking out Stella!

Bringing Stella home- Chris was so happy!


Letting her run around the front yard.


Family Photo

Stella- three years later.

2 comments:

  1. Stella is a handful , but very loving... I agree she is great with Madeline...Oh well maybe when she is 4 she will calm down... We love you Stella..happy birthday.
    Love Nana Hughes

    ReplyDelete
  2. She doesn't miss a meal, eh?

    ReplyDelete