The day after Madeline was a born a good friend of mine texted me and asked, "Have you had that moment where you realize all of your priorities in life just changed?" I was holding Maddie at the time and I knew exactly what my friend meant. Life has definitely changed for Chris and I, but we love it! I could just stare at Maddie all day long and love on her! Some days, when its just me and her and Chris is at work, I do. Ha.
Here are a few things I've learned the last 3 weeks.
- It's possible to weigh 6 lbs and have a double chin and fat rolls.
- It's possible to have poop come out of your diaper half way up your back while you're sleeping.
- It's not just boys that you have to watch- if you don't hold the diaper up over little girls, they will also pee on you! (or, in one case, shoot poop out onto mom's pj pants and the carpet at 3 a.m.)
- Finally, there is no "right" way to parent. Since we had Maddie, we've heard all kinds of opinions (for and against vaccines, The babywise method: controversial or legit?, self-soothing vs holding, etc, etc!). I've decided that every mom and dad have to come up with the parenting style that suits them and their baby best.
Every night we do some tummy time and some floor time with Maddie on her playmat. She loves it.
Chris says that he has seen Maddie roll over three times...below is after she just rolled from her tummy to her back. I let him know that babies don't normally do this for a few months but he thinks we have the smartest and strongest baby in the world! Such a proud dad! (Again, I've not actually witnessed the rolling, but I guess we have to take his word for it for now!)


Beautiful, just beautiful Brittney! I love to hear your stories. Keep them coming!
ReplyDeleteOh, we have a move-in date, it's Feb 1st! We're going to start a blog for it, I'll let you know the address! Take care girlie!
Brittney and Chris: The pictures of Maddie are darling. She is such a cute addition to your family. Enjoy every minute with her because this time will fly by quickly. Hope to run into you out shopping so I can see her in person. Give her a hug for me. Kim Coombs
ReplyDeleteDear Brittney & Chris: How adorable she is. Kim is correct about growing so fast. We have to come see her soon. Adelyn will be 1 on Jan 25th it seems impossible. Love to all, Germaine
ReplyDeleteMadeline is so precious... You and Chris are doing a great job.... I think even Stella likes her!! Chris should video her rolling over !!! Remember Nana likes to babysit. Love Nana Hughes
ReplyDeleteYou guys are doing great as parents! We love you so much!! And Aunt and Uncles love to babysit too :)
ReplyDeleteShe's absolutely precious! And like Erica, I love reading your stories of firsts and insights into parenting. Thinking of you and hope you are doing well ~Stovall
ReplyDelete