After Thanksgiving, I had a week before I headed out to California my Travel Agency's annual conference.
Three days before I left, Madeline's school sent an email that over 100 students (out of only 600!) had been sick that day with a stomach bug. It was a true epidemic. I was so certain we were all going to get out, so I put my mask in and got my Thieves out.
Somehow, we all managed to escape without being sick. Which is pretty impressive. Evidently, the school was like a war zone. Kids were vomiting everywhere. How's that for graphic?!
The night before I left we had family game night.
The girls enjoyed playing Fibber, but we had to reign in the competitiveness.
I flew out Saturday mid-day with another agent in my area.
I had no children climbing on me - for FOUR hours. I read a book, took a snooze, and enjoyed some quiet time in the sky.
It was beautiful flying out west.
I had never been to Disneyland before but it was amazing. So much so, I can't wait to get my whole crew out there.
I had an absolute blast doing 'research' for 2 days before the conference meetings started.
Sleeping Beauty Castle.
I won a VIP tour! Y'all. It was awesome. We had our personal tour guide for 6 hours and got to get near the front of the line for any attraction we wanted for the whole time. We rode all of the top attractions.
Then, I had a few days of meetings and I headed back home to see Chris and the girls.
Chris was super dad while I was gone.
Chris was super dad while I was gone.
He got the Christmas lights hung.
He did our weekly Gustavo's trip solo.
He played tooth fairy.
He moved the elf every day!
He was a "Watch Dog" at Maddie's school, which meant he volunteered a full day in several classrooms. He got kiddos out of carpool, he listened to new readers, he worked through math problems, he played tag on the playground, he planked in gym class, he opened milks at lunch, and more. Maddie was so excited and proud that her daddy was Watch Dog for the day.
I am a very lucky lady!! Thank you Chris for holding down the fort!



















No comments:
Post a Comment