We are about 2 weeks into school and are settling into a nice routine.
Early to bed, painfully early to rise. We were 4 days into the year when Maddie got her first reprimand for talking. She and Claire were talking "on the carpet" and got separated. I was laying with Maddie in bed and the conversation went like this:
Me: Maddie, have you gotten in trouble yet for talking?
Maddie (in the most offended voice she can muster): NO!!!!
(silent pause)
Maddie: Well, one time. Today, actually. On carpet. Claire and I got separated.
I laughed so hard. Ms. Canady did let me know that Maddie and Claire's friendship is more matured than any other in the class (because they came in already friends) so they have been a little chatty. I actually had a call with the teacher tonight and she let me know Maddie was just a very social child.
I have no idea where she gets it from...
But, other than that, we're full steam ahead for first grade.
We had our back to school bash and had such a fun time.
Girl talk.
Sydney straight up tried to win a dance contest against a bunch of older kids. It was a riot. She didn't win (I'm actually not sure the judge could see her tiny body) but all of us parents got a kick out of her.
Maddie, Rayne, Murphy and little sis.
There was a bubble car so there were bubbles everywhere!
We watched the solar eclipse! I went to school to help chaperone and mainly to make sure my child didn't go blind.
(Sydney's preschool covered the windows and didn't attempt to take the littles out, thank goodness.)
Maddie got invited to a great birthday party at the Mega Cavern. Tia came with us and we went up on the course with Madeline.
It was a blast. I can't wait to have Maddie's party there. We are going to wait at least another year though because we want Sydney to be big enough to do it.
Speaking of Syd...
There are three certain things in life. Death. Taxes. And Sydney getting croup when the weather changes.
Poor little peach. I was up with her half the night with her terrible seal cough. We took a hot steam shower at 4 in the morning. We sat outside at 5 in the morning trying to breathe in cool air. Since there was no stridor, we didn't have to go the emergency room. We made it until 7 and got the first appointment at the pet's office. They gave her steroids and a sucker (the medicine is pretty nasty so it helps with the aftertaste.) There was a new nurse who just kept talking about how well behaved Sydney was because she sat still for all of the vital checks and took the medicine without complaining. Unfortunately, when you get croup 4 -5 times a year, you're used to the process.
Sydney goes for her 4 year well check in 2 weeks and we will likely talk long term preventative planning. It's likely that she has asthma. While I really hope she doesn't, we'll manage if that's her diagnosis.
We continue with gymnastics. Girls are getting stronger and better at each element.
Sydney and I have resumed our CHik Fil A Friday lunches.
And my busy busy BUSY season is upon me for my travel job. I've got a ton of clients leaving in Sept and Oct for Disney so I'm headed to the post office pretty frequently the next few weeks!

















No comments:
Post a Comment