Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Bahamas!

Ahhh....I'm feeling it this week! Chris and I had an awesome time on a cruise last week with K and D, but returning to work has been crazy. So much going on here with our day jobs, my travel job and the end of the school year activities. Maddie has something every day!

Before we left, Chris got this shot of our girls.
 Seriously. How did I get so lucky?

We celebrated Mother's Day with our families and then headed to Jacksonville to get on the Carnival Elation!

It was a small ship but we seriously had the BEST time. Our cabin for the week was an oceanview with a pretty nice size window.



On our sea day we literally sat here. For hours. 
 And I read two books, took a nap, and NO ONE CLIMBED ON ME.

 We spent a day at Carnival's private island - Half Moon Cay. In related news, I'm looking to go back AS SOON AS I CAN. It was stunning. 


It literally looked fake. 

On our Nassau stop, we went to Atlantis. 

We went through the aquarium first. 


Explored the resort a bit.


Then we hit the slides! I wish I had pictures of the slides (videos are on my travel page!). They were pretty scary but we did them all....multiple times. 

We sat with 2 other couples from Kentucky and had a blast getting to know them.


I dropped it like it's HOT in the dining room one night.


Side note. We don't get to enjoy meals too much. Our first night, we were the LAST people in the dining room. Literally, the staff was all eating so we took that as our cue to leave. But seriously...great food, great wine, great friends. Danielle and I didn't have to cut anything into bites the whole week! We so enjoyed those dinners.

Kyle had five scoops of ice cream every night.

Every.single.night.

I settled for two - the Carnival Melting Chocolate Cake is about the most insane thing ever.


Even with a small ship, we still had tons of fun in the evening.


Singing 80's songs in the atrium!




Christopher did a long open swim at the beach and ran on the boat's track several days...which meant he looked like this most afternoons before dinner.


We loved our towel animals - they were all so cute!





We had such a great time just getting away from reality for a few days. Our parents helped us out tremendously with the girls and they had a blast.

Maddie took over tia's bed and left her a tiny bit of room to squeeze in.

Tia also went to the zoo with Maddie on her field trip and she loved it. 
(Maddie did. Tia....well it was a little wild for her! HAHA!)

Neighbors and buddies!


Coolest chaperone!


Mom had the girls sun-up to sun-down on Saturday by herself. I think she went home and slept for 15 hours after. :)

These were my favorite two pics of the week - literally the best depictions of our girls.

Maddie is up every single morning by 6:30 ready to rock the day. 

We usually have to wake Sydney up where she likes to stay cozy in a blanket, with glorious bed head, until the last possible second. 


 So thankful for a week to relax and for parents to manage it all at home for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment