Saturday, March 9, 2013

When blueberries attack!

Well, the snow foiled our plans. Aunt Judi's flight got cancelled because of all of the bad weather Baltimore (her connecting point) got. She comes in tomorrow and we're ready for her visit!!

In the meantime, we had one wild night. On Thursday, Chris, Madeline and I ate together and everything was normal.  Maddie had a peanut butter sandwich, strawberries and blueberries.  She ate great and went to bed like normal. A little bit later, she woke up SCREAMING. I ran up the steps (this is very unlike her) and into her room. I put my hand in her crib to get her...and it went right into vomit. EEEE. After we turned on the light, I realized it was straight up purple vomit.  We got her cleaned off, changed, stripped her bed sheets and I let her lay with me in the guest room. Then she did it again. And, again. And...well, you get the point. She was sick all night long. At 4, she rolled over and fell asleep and at 6, she popped up and started singing. Yes, singing. "If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops..." And then she was happy and normal the rest of the day. I have NO idea what happened; not sure if something she ate upset her stomach or if it was just a quick bug. It was bizarre, and I'm so glad it's over.

Here she is, just a few hours into the morning coloring. With her backpack on. Totally normal.


This morning, I did the 5K with my friends from work.  It's always fun to do the races. Chris and I are pushing Maddie in a 5K at the end of the month; maybe one day she'll be running them with us!

Thousands of others joined us.




No comments:

Post a Comment